What does the MTRC do?
The MTRC is New York State’s only campus-based Manufacturing Extension Partnership Center (MEP) serving biotechnology and manufacturing firms on Long Island—and we offer so much more than a standard MEP.
The MTRC helps companies assess their needs, define projects, and match them with experts for: technology assistance, research and development, prototyping, workforce training and process improvement, as well as the adoption and evaluation of new manufacturing equipment.
We can also help you troubleshoot common problems with inventory and supply chain, as well as manage the high cost of doing business on Long Island. We’ll even help you find great talent!
How can the MTRC help my company?
Manufacturing companies are complex. In order to succeed, companies need strong skills in organization and leadership, supply chain, planning and distribution, manufacturing processes, and managing productivity, quality, information and data. At small- and medium-sized firms, it might be challenging to manage all of those needs in-house. The MTRC can supply talented resources, direction, and in some cases, even funding to assist a manufacturer with short and long-term project needs.
What can the MTRC help me do?
- Grow your business
- Improve productivity, including Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Resolve quality and ISO issues, including training and certification
- Provide workforce development training
- Optimize capacity, cycle time reduction, and on-time delivery
- Control costs and enhance capacity
- Spark innovation
- Implement environmental programs
What resources can the MTRC connect me with?
The MTRC gives you access to all of the Centers at Stony Brook University, as well the following partner resources:
- Suffolk County Community College
- Nassau County Community College
- Farmingdale State College
- Nassau and Suffolk BOCES
- Workforce Investment Boards
- Workforce Development Institute
- Empire State Development
- IDAs and other local economic development organizations
- Private consulting and training organizations
If you need access to a resource but don’t see it listed here, the MTRC can work with you to get you the support you need.
How can I work with the MTRC?
It’s easy! Just meet up with an MTRC representative and discuss your company’s needs.
What does it cost to work with the MTRC?
When you work with the MTRC, we’ll assess your project’s needs and propose a solution, which may include a fee. We will also help you explore available grant opportunities to help offset any costs.
Is funding available to support me?
Possibly. Your MTRC representative will be able to discuss your options.
How can I get started?
Fill out our How to Get Started form and your MTRC representative will contact you.